Thursday, March 14, 2013

I Choose Consciously

How do you decide what to eat day to day? Week to week?

Over the past few years, I have come to realize, in a very deep way, that my food choices are directly related to my personal sense of well being.

Eleven years ago I lost over 200 pounds. As I did this, I had to make a choice to have a whole new relationship with food. I came to clear understanding that food was my way to show myself a loving attitude several times a day. 

I began to realize that each and every time I put food into my mouth, I had a chance to say I love YOU, Florence. I had always seen that chance when I cooked for others, yet making that choice for myself became a radical way for me to re-shape my relationship with food.

Today, I choose wisely. I know that when I decide to eat something I know my body loves, like garlic spinach, I will feel good physically, emotionally, intellectually and most important to me, spiritually. I love food and now that my food loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment